Need HelpFiles submitted to Digital Ads International must CORRECTLY CONFORM to mechanical specification as determined by the newspaper and magazine industries prior to being accepted by your chosen publication. If you are not familiar with the terminology used here, or don't have the experience required to create material suitable for printing on a large format offset press, then Digital Ads International can help you for a nominal fee.
Any job sent to Digital Ads that does not meet the requirements WILL NOT be forwarded to publication without these faults being corrected. If Digital Ads deems these faults trivial, then we are happy to attempt to correct them. If faults are time-consuming to repair, then Digital Ads will insist that the client re-submits new material prior to the job being accepted.
All files to be uploaded by you must:
* be in Adobe Acrobat .PDF format.
* be single page files.
* have all defined colour images and colour areas separated to CMYK (no RGB, LAB or Index colour will be accepted).
* include all required fonts embedded into the file.
* not include TruType fonts. You must convert TruType fonts to paths if you intend to use them in your job.
* total ink coverage must not exceed 230% (add total percentages used of Cyan, Magenta, Yellow & Black to determine total ink weight).
* maximum black must be set to 80%
* dot gain must be set to 30%
* graphic components effective resolution must be in the range of 150 - 250 dpi
* PDF's page must be CROPPED (in Acrobat) to BOOKED TRIM size, or extra charges will be applied to the job
* total ink coverage must not exceed 310% (add total percentages used of Cyan, Magenta, Yellow & Black to determine total ink weight).
* maximum black must be set to 70%
* dot gain must be set to 20%
* graphic components effective resolution must be at least 250 dpi
* page must include required bleed as per publication specification
* PDF's page must be CROPPED (in Acrobat) to BLEED size, contain no crop or registration marks or extra charges will be applied to the job